Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bitten or not

Many many years ago there was a very wise and humorous man named Nasiruddin Huzza.There are very interesting and humorous events in his life.One of those events is given here.
Nasiruddin was made the Magistrate of his village.Everyday he would listen to cases and decide who was to blame for what had happened and announce their punishments.
One day, a rather difficult case came to his court. A man was accusing a farmer of having bitten his ear in a fight. The farmer insisted that the man was insane and that he had seen the man biting his own ear.Nasiruddin could not understand what to believe. There were no witnesses to depend on.
"It is very difficult to decide this matter. I need to think.So we will meet again after half an hour." When half an hour had passed, everyone trooped back into the court room, curious to hear what Nasiruddin decided.Nasiruddin cleared his throat and spoke: " I have found a way to solve this problem. Examine this man's head. If it is swollen, that means he bit his own ear. In that case the farmer is innocent. On the other hand, if his head is not injured, that means the farmer bit him and is guilty." Then the guard examined the man's head and found that it wasn't hurt in any way. Nasiruddin fined the farmer twenty silver pieces.
Later on a friend of Nasiruddin asked him," How did you know what was true?." " It's easy", replied Nasiruddin. " In the half hour break I tried to bite my own ear. But each time I fell over and hit my head.I had a little lump on my head as a result. So I knew that if the man had bitten himself, there would be a swelling on his head as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment